It's almost time for school to start back, and we have a great opportunity to help members of our community.
Through the generosity of the Southern Baptist Mission Board and several of our members, we have 80 backpacks to give to area children who might not have one to start school with this fall. But we don't want to stop there. Through July 25th, we will be collecting school supply items to stuff this backpacks to overflowing and really bless these kids with everything they might need to have a great school year.
Here's a list of everything we are looking for:
- 12, 16 or 24 count crayons
- Plastic folders with brads and pockets (yellow, green, red, blue, black)
- Plastic folders with pockets, NO brads but with holes (red, green, blue or yellow)
- Ticonderoga #2 pencils
- Elmer’s glue sticks
- 3 ring zipper pencil pouches
- Composition books (black, green, blue, red, yellow)
- Colored pencils
- Wide ruled notebook paper
- Gallon or sandwich Ziploc bags
- 1 inch 3 ring binders with clear front cover
- 2 inch 3 ring binders with clear front cover
There is also a contest happening for our kids and youth Bible Fellowship classes. The classes with the most donations will receive donuts from our Missions Committee! Don't worry, our adults can give too. Simply bring your donations to your Bible Fellowship classes and leave them there and we will come by and collect them. We will then give these backpacks away on July 25th at our next laundry outreach. If you'd like to participate in the outreach, please join us! We'd love to have you with us as we serve and love on our communities!